Need Help ID Elitegroup/Gateway Mobo board

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by spirittoo, Dec 15, 2009.

1. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Hello again ... I just purchase a mobo ... it's an elite group board made for gateway ... but I don't know exactly which board it is ...plus the thing only has ONE hookup for the drives! I can only hook up two drive and I need to hookup 4 ... how the hell can I do anything with out a dvd drive? This is crazy ... am I missing something ... help!:cry

2. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Hi, spirittoo...

Really need to know which mobo it is - there should be a model number printed on it...

Or, go to the ECS site and try to find your board...

3. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Found the board ...
    here but there is only one hookup for the drives ... what am I missing?:confused

4. Caliban

This board supports up to 4 SATA ports - you should connect any optical drives to the IDE connector, and your SATA hard drive(s) to the SATA ports...

5. Caliban

6. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

I do not under stand ... I see no way to hook up the dvd drives and the hhds ... I don't see it. Plus I don't think this thing has video and my video card won't fit

7. Caliban

Again: the DVD drive will connect to the IDE connector with an IDE cable - the hard drive(s) will connect with SATA cables...

This mobo supports PCI Express x16, so you'll have to use a PCI Express graphics card...

8. spirittoo

spirittoo Sergeant

Thanks for your help guys ... I ended up taking that mobo back and got the intel 845G board ... I can deal with that.:-D:wave

9. Caliban

Well, that's one way of solving the problem! Thanks for the feedback, and good luck!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds