Need help in Java coding---

Discussion in 'Software' started by hiena_u, Oct 28, 2005.

1. hiena_u

hiena_u Private E-2

I have a basic java coded program --
    from a file reading input of some records and want to say display 10-20 records each page n go to next page after that---Like COBOL is there a code thats says NEXTPAGE in java or do i use some other String method and put if and else-----..
    Pls. lemme know if there is...something....

2. QuickSilver

QuickSilver Corporal

I'm not sure off hand whether there are any built in functions to do what you've just asked...

Is it feasible to read the entire file into memory (so if the file isn't ridiculously large in size) and load it into a nice data structure/array thereof.
    Then you could use a fairly simple for loop based off the number of records per page etc to just display a subset of the array...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds