Need help installing Adobe Acrobat

Discussion in 'Software' started by el_lobo, May 13, 2006.

1. el_lobo

el_lobo Private E-2

Hello everyone (first post)
    I'm trying to install Adobe Acrobat pro V.7 on my P4 running win xp pro and keep getting the message: "unable to create folder "Adobe PDF" in C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Documents, access is denied"
    When I try to change the file from a "read only" access is denied. I am the adminstrator and I have tried to change the file in Safe mode with the same results. I even created the file "Adobe PDF" and tried to drag it into the Documents folder, No go.
    The folder will not change from a "read only". After applying the change, it changes back to "read only".
    I even tried installing Acrobat V.6, same results.
    Any help is appreciated.
    Thanks,
    el_lobo

2. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Step #2 here might help, http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/329117.html

Steve

3. el_lobo

el_lobo Private E-2

Thank you for the help.
    Number 2 did not work but number 1 allowed me to get past that error message and complete the install sucessfully so it says (but not be able to run the program).
    After running the repair selection of the installation program twice it still wont start. I even downloaded the trial version from Adobe, same result.
    I'm now re-thinking weather or not the ability to create .pdf files is worth the hassle.
    Lobo

4. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

OK, sorry.

You might click on the support tab on that page and see if you see something that resembles your install/run issues.

Steve

5. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

I found the information below, steps 1 or 2 should have worked.

Steve

6. el_lobo

el_lobo Private E-2

Thanks for your help Steve!
    Using your suggestions, I still wasn't able to make V 7.0 run, so I deleted it and installed V 6.0. That installed and runs fine.
    Thanks again,
    Jim

7. Matacumbie

Matacumbie Rocky Top

Sorry Jim. I wasn't much help but glad you figured out an alternative. :)

Steve

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds