need help monitor keeps restarting?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by aprilluv2, May 4, 2005.

1. aprilluv2

aprilluv2 Private E-2

Ok this is driving me a tad nuts

All day today while working my monitor keeps shutting off and restarting in a different size??
    I have no clue what is causing it?
    is a compaq that I caught used

the system is Windows XP pro No service pack 2
    the computer is a home built one
    it I a AMD anthlon 2400
    1.99 GHZ
    80 gig hard drive
    1 gig memory
    with a radeon 9200 video card
    unsure what else you need but just ask

Could someone have put something on here to cause this?
    I ran ad aware cleaned it out
    about to add spybot and run it too

Any advice
    is appreciated
    April

2. rogvalcox

rogvalcox MajorGeek

Could be a bad video card driver!!!

Try uninstalling and reinstalling the video driver!!

Roger

3. ~Pyrate~

~Pyrate~ MajorGeek

check the refresh rate and make sure it is compatible with your monitors resolution specs and lowering it if need be, you or something may have set it to a rate that which your monitor cannot produce the resolution you want so it switches it self automatically to lower resolution

4. Olley

Olley Sergeant

i think it has to do with the video card or its drivers... some older screens turn off and back on when changeing resolution so i think ur pec is switching resolutions all the time.. try different desktop resolutions...u might get rid of it.

5. aprilluv2

aprilluv2 Private E-2

thank you I will try it

6. aprilluv2

aprilluv2 Private E-2

Thank You So much
    I am really unsure why the settings had changed on their own but then it may have been the kids.
    Anyway I hooked the So called broken one in changed display settings Now it is working perfectly fine
    I can not believe I almost spent money to buy a new one that was not needed.

I can NOT thank you enough for saving me that money.
    :)

Many Many Thanks,
    April

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds