Need Help Monitoring Kid

Discussion in 'Software' started by souredspirit, Jul 14, 2016.

1. souredspirit

souredspirit Private First Class

Okay so I have a step-daughter who has psychological issues, we are going to put monitoring software on her computer because a large part of her problem is the online culture she has aligned herself with. These people are feeding into her problem and it has gotten so bad that she is currently in a self-help clinic for teens for the 2nd time.

We were against doing this after the first time she went in, but she has completely regressed as a result of the company she keeps. These people are feeding into her problem and it has gotten so bad that she is currently in a self-help clinic for teens for the 2nd time. Her psychologist and psychiatrist both recommend doing this because she is not getting the help she needs because these "friends" are just filling her head with bullshit and preventing any real healing from happening.

So off my rant, and onto what I need:
    I need eyes. I need software that can monitor keystrokes and webtraffic, but also capture the other end of chat conversations. I know there is a program called chatsync (or something close to that name) that will translate skype chatlogs into something legible, but I also need to be able to monitor browser history, and if possible view a snapshot of the sites she visits. Also software that will monitor any uploads and downloads, and create a carbon copy.

This does not need to be an all-in-one package, but if you kind people could create a list for me of softwares and what tasks they do best, it would be greatly appreciated.

I know this seems extremely invasive, but desperate times call for desperate measures, my kids life is on the line here, and I'm not about to take half measures when it comes to something like that.

2. Eldon

Eldon Major Geek Extraordinaire

3. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

4. TimW

TimW MajorGeeks Administrator - Jedi Malware Expert Staff Member

Remove the computer.

Just Playin and StruldBrug like this.
  5. souredspirit

souredspirit Private First Class

While I would normall agree with that sentiment, I'm trying to keep my kid alive, not send her over the edge.

6. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

It seems she has already went over twice.

7. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Discovering that she's being spied on could easily lead to permanent trust issues.

8. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Ask them what program(s) they recommend since they both told you to do this.

I'm sure they must have some programs in mind since you aren't the only person this recommendation was made to.

9. Just Playin

Just Playin MajorGeek

What do you intend to do if your snooping reveals her so-called 'online friends' are giving her bad advice?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds