need help on my DELL inspiron drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by jblim1980, Aug 17, 2009.

1. jblim1980

jblim1980 Private First Class

hi dlb and to all geeks,

pls help i really need it.. Inspiron 4150

i dowloaded the drivers but was not sucessful..
    video
    chipset
    audio
    and more..

Last edited: Aug 17, 2009
  2. jblim1980

heres my log everest ultimate edition

Attached Files:

3. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi, all your drivers are listed here (this is the Euro Dell site). Begin by installing the Chipset drivers then VGA and sound, I'd download the latest DirectX from MS too.

Which Service Pack is it?

4. jblim1980

SP1 .. satrow..

why is it i downloaded now is just a link? not a file

5. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

What did you try to download? (link to the page)

Which browser are you using?

How? Left-clicking or right-clicking and selecting 'Save as'?

6. jblim1980

sorry satrow i forgot to enter the tag type.. then i downloaded video is fine, audio will not work, I install first the chipset then the audio didn't work and also the wireless

7. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

After installing the chipset did you reboot?

What yellow ! Marks are in device manager if any?

Also you mat just need the UAA drivers from Dell also, quick search of UAA driver on Dell support should locate them for you (would check bit on mobile phone typing this) then install and reinstall audio

Once drivers are ok the likely need to at least update to newer Service Pack

Last edited: Aug 18, 2009
  8. jblim1980

yes sir

none..

ok sir thanks for this

it this will not work maybe my problem is the hardware side, Soundcard may be defective, so is there option if my soundcard is defective?

9. jblim1980

I've checked device manager and it detects it and shows it's working fine

10. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Double Check that the Audio service in Services is Started and set to Automatic. Also check in the BIOS that onboard Audio is enabled, what I would do is if its enabled already is to disable it, Save and Exit bios, then re-enter the Bios straight away and enable it and save and exit, then try re-installing the drivers with either of the below methods.

I would uninstall the sound drivers and then CCleaner up with Cleaner and Registry cleaner, then reboot and install Chipset drivers again, then reboot and then the UAA and then Audio drivers.

Or as the Audio drivers from DELL for your mobo are an archive you can use the steps posted by DLB here to manually install the Audio driver.

Option for if your Soundcard is defective is to buy a PCI addon soundcard.

11. jblim1980

ok sir noted...il'll feedbacks afterwards

12. jblim1980

Sory for the late response halo, I just check in bios the audio is not clickable (not hightligted) so i can't change to enable , the deafault value is full duplex, same with my wireless . So is these hardware problem, maybe my soundcard is defective..:cry

I already follow all your instructions ..

13. jblim1980

i tried the infrared to enable it, its working fine now.. before it is disable from bios

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds