Need help picking gaming pc

Discussion in 'Software' started by andrewpaynee, Sep 18, 2011.

1. andrewpaynee

andrewpaynee Private E-2

Laptop or desktop... Would like to run games without any lag. Somewhere near $500, I don't know much about computers, so please. bare with me.

2. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

With your budget, laptops are out. The laptops on the market that can run games are double that or more, and won't last you nearly as long. You can get a bit more computer for the money if you are willing to build your own, but that will take you a lot of time and research.

What kinds of games do you want to play? Old ones or current ones?

3. mgl4ever933

mgl4ever933 Private E-2

http://www.walmart.com/ip/HP-p6803w/16595247

i think this one looks good, HP is good company, 750GB is really good space. and i reccomend u to use steam, it protects ur game. u can buy game from their online and whenever u reformat, ur games will still there and install it again without buying it again.

4. Mimsy

Mimsy Superior Imperial Queen of the MG Games Forum

The video card in that desktop computer is not well suited for gaming, and the CPU could use upgrading as well.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds