Need help putting up video...

Discussion in 'Software' started by squishy crayons, Nov 1, 2004.

1. squishy crayons

squishy crayons Private E-2

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this. Sorry if it isn't. I'm not completely computer ignorant, I just don't know how to do internet stuff. I still don't know what an URL is and how to make links and all that good stuff.

I have a video that I recently made on Windows Movie Maker and I need to put it on the web for others to view. How to do this, I have no idea.

I want to make a link, so that when you click it, it opens a media player, like Quicktime, Realplayer, Windows Media Player, etc. Preferably Windows Media Player. Can explain to me step-by-step what I have to do?

2. squishy crayons

Can somebody please help?

3. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

4. squishy crayons

But I don't know what an ISP is. :confused:

5. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

Ok, you got your connection with a company, right? The company that provides your Internet Connection is your Internet Service Provider (ISP). Usually, when they give you your connection they give you some space on their servers too.

If you can, look on their website and see if you can log on and find some details about webspace. They may not provide it, in which case you may have to resort to free hosting, but thats not preferable.

6. squishy crayons

Ok, so let's say I have too resort too free hosting. What do I do if that's the situation?

7. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

You could use a provider like this : http://www.1accesshost.com/index.html to host your file for you. They should have detailed instructions on how to put a file onto their webspace. They should also tell you how to make a link to a page there.

8. squishy crayons

Ok. Thanks. I think I get it now.

9. foogoo

foogoo Major "foogoo" Geek

cross forum postings, eh? I ""answered this one in the other group...

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds