Need help removing dual boot

Discussion in 'Software' started by drifterdude, Oct 1, 2009.

1. drifterdude

drifterdude Private E-2

Ok here is the case I need help with. I just moved into a new house the old owners where crack heads and kicked out and didnt grab everything. I found a old POS looking PC they left and booted it up. Come to fine out it was overclocked and flys and runs a dual boot xp and win 98. 98 is on the C drive and Xp is on the F drive. Its a crappy 80gig hardrive formated in FAT32 so I can only read or use 32 gig of if.

Here is what I need to know I want to get rid of windows 98 and keep XP and rename the F drive to the C drive after 98 is gone and want to format the rest of the 80 gig drive into NTFS so that it can used and i have full use of my hardrive. At the same time the overclock on the CPU and bio extension is all run through the windows 98 boot process. If I cant rid myself of the 98 partition without loosing its boot processes and bios extension then I just want to partition the remainder of the HD into NTFS for xp.

Any ideas?

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds