Need help removing extra windows OS

Discussion in 'Software' started by Chunky_Monkey, Aug 19, 2004.

1. Chunky_Monkey

Chunky_Monkey Private E-2

Im usin a hard drive my friend let me borrow because mine and crashed. On it was a boot sector for his windows xp and he didnt want me to delete it at the time. So i went ahead and just installed Xp. now many months down the road i was using a program to change my boot picture and it gave me another option in the boot menu. So now i have 3 windows XP to choose from in the begining. My friend doesnt care about the boot sector so i want to get rid of that and the new one i just got outta nowhere. I've tried using the windows xp cd to boot from and try deleting from there, but it won't comp up at all even if i choose to boot from cd. Any help here on how to delete these two things? O and all the windows options are profesional edition. Thanx for any help in advance

2. InYearsToCome

InYearsToCome MajorGeek

if you simply want to remove them from the loading screen, you need to modify the boot.ini file. you can do that easily by openening system properties (right click My Computer and go to properties). On the Advanced tab, under Startup and Recovery, click settings. Now under system startup, click edit. you can see all 3 OS loaders, and get rid of the ones you dont want.

3. Chunky_Monkey

Chunky_Monkey Private E-2

well i also want to get rid of them permanently as well...because for some reason with the addition of the newest one my screen changes positions during the boot process until the login screen then it acts perfectly fine. On some of my games though as well the graphics go to just as they were on the booting up process where it moves stretches and all kinds of stuff. I believed this to be the problem of the addition of the new option. Thanx for that though.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds