need help, screen not recognizing a connection

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by nightblade, Nov 24, 2012.

1. nightblade

nightblade Private E-2

I just finished building my first computer, got all the updates for 7, and moved on to setting my bios from factory1333 to 1600mhz for my ram, as soon as I saved and quit my monitor turned off and is no longer detecting a connection, I did not change anything else in the bios that I know of.. what can I do to fix this?? Also I think I may have set them to 1800s on accident.. would that be the reason?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2012
  2. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hi,

You can unplug the machine and remove the coin-cell battery for a minute or two to reset CMOS to the defaults. Then put things back and make one change at a time to figure out which setting caused the problem.

3. nightblade

nightblade Private E-2

Thanks much! that was just what I needed, it works great now!

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds