Need help slipstreaming

Discussion in 'Software' started by hopperdave2000, May 12, 2007.

1. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

I'm using the instructions at this link: http://www.winsupersite.com/showcase/windowsxp_sp2_slipstream.asp to slipstream WinXP SP2 and create a bootable CD. All was going fine until I hit step 5 or 5a. I don't have a full version of Nero; just the OEM version that came with my burner. If there's another burning app I can use (freeware only please ;) ) please post a link!!! If you go to the link above and look at the info, you'll see that I used ISObuster to extract the boot image from the XP CD, but OEM Nero won't allow me to use this particular type of image file to create the new CD's boot image.... any help is appreciated!!!!

hd2k

In the meantime, I'll look at some free apps (like CD Burner XP Pro 3) and see if I can find something that will work..... again, any ideas, links, or suggestions will be appreciated!

2. hopperdave2000

hopperdave2000 MajorGeek

Nevermind. Problem solved. I abandoned the info at the link above and used AutoStreamer to create an .ISO image; then burned the resulting .ISO with CD Burner XP Pro... this was MUCH easier, but in the long run, I did learn something new; and that's what it's all about... anyway, all is well :D

hd2k

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds