Need help to update Office 2000

Discussion in 'Software' started by dennyls, Oct 3, 2004.

1. dennyls

dennyls Private E-2

Hi all,

I'm new here, but hope someone can give me advice.

Whenever I try to update my Office 2000, I get the following message:

You need the administrative version of this update due to previously installed administrative updates​

Some background is needed here. The Office 2000 was purchased with my Dell computer about 3 years ago. I have the disks and numbers and all. At the time I purchased the computer, the package included Word, Excel, Outlook, etc., but NOT Powerpoint.

The company I worked for then had a corp license for the entire MS suite of tools. I often worked on my home (personal) machine (the Dell)--so our system admin gave me a CD of PowerPoint to load on my home machine. This was a totally legal version (to the best of my knowledge)--and installed PowerPoint.

Ever since then, I have not been able to update any of the Office Suite without the above message. How do I fix this? If need be, I can uninstall PowerPoint. I no longer have the PowerPoint CD.

Any advice?

Thanks,
    Denny

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds