Need Help w/Logon Script

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by AirWarrior001, Mar 11, 2005.

1. AirWarrior001

AirWarrior001 Private E-2

I just recently set up an office network with a DNS server running on Windows Server 2000. Everything was successfully set up but I wanted to create a script that loads a couple of mapped network drives automatically when the users log on. I know this is possible but I have never done it before, plus I have little to no experience with scripts.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2. AirWarrior001

I found out that you can load a network drive under the profiles tab of the specific user on the server. I actually want a script to apply to a user group though. This also only allows the mapping of a single network drive.

3. Dude1010101

Dude1010101 Corporal

im replying so that i now when somone responds because i want to know an answer also :) if you find out somewhere else let me know what you found out :)

4. AirWarrior001

I found this website with the exact script I need. It works locally but when I assign it to a group logon script on the server it won't work at all. I was wondering if the type of script matters, it looks like this script has a *.js file extension. I'm not too good with all the script stuff so I'm not sure what type of scrpt this is.

5. AirWarrior001

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds