Need Help With A PHPBB Mod

Discussion in 'Software' started by Kaotic, Oct 12, 2004.

1. Kaotic

Kaotic Private E-2

I know you gurus are out there lol. Please give a poor soul a hand.

Here is the download url http://www.phpbbhacks.com/download/2020 .

I am very new to phpbb so I don't quite understand what the author is telling me to do here. I have bee very busy lately so I am not very fimiliar with snippets, tags, and well pretty much everything. I would love to install this mod but I am having trouble with the directions. Here are the directions.

Once you have both SpelChekā„¢ code snippets (Completed Step 2, using 'post' as the form name and 'message' as the field name for snippet #1) make a back up of the file 'templates/subSilver/posting_body.tpl'. Open the original in your text editor and look for the line that begins '<form action="{S_POST_ACTION}'. Make a new line before it and insert snippet #1.

Code Snippet #2 can go anywhere you like. You could place it to the left of the preview button, in which case you'd want to insert it right after the '{S_HIDDEN_FORM_FIELDS}' and place a '&nbsp;' after it. Or you could place it just above the Emoticons and below where it says 'Message Body' in which case you'd want to insert a '<br>' right after '<span class="gen"><b>{L_MESSAGE_BODY}</b></span>' then insert the code snippet after the '<br>'.

Save the file and your board will now offer the SpelChekā„¢ spell checker for all your users.

And here is the html that I was required to create.
    Code:
    <html><body  bgcolor="#E5E5FF"><center><script> load=document.URL;
    code=load.slice(load.indexOf('?'), load.length);
    if(code.length<3){code=''} code=code.replace('?id=', '');
    if(!code){code='spelchek_intro';}
    document.write('<scr'+'ipt src=\'http://SpelChek.com/'+code+'.php\'></sc'+'ript>');
    </script></center></body></html>
    I would like to place it to the left of the preview button, but like I said I am lost at this point. Any help is much appreciated.

P.S. If anyone knows of another PHPBB spell checker without ads please let me know. Thanks for reading.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds