Need help with "access denied"+windows repair

Discussion in 'Software' started by jungle.bird, Jul 25, 2004.

1. jungle.bird

jungle.bird Private E-2

Well its a long story but basically i need help gaining access to a folder i have on my computer. The file path:
    "D:\Documents and settings\The folder im trying to gain access to"

I had windows xp professional installed on my slave drive D because the one on C became corrupted. I recently reformated my C drive and reinstalled windows on it with the plan to just transfer over all of my old documents on the D drive to my C drive but my problem is, i made my user account private so i cannont gain access to my documents. I was jsut curious to see if there was any way possible to get into that folder, since i have tons of extremly important files in there that i cannont afford to loose.

The weird thing is, i reset my slave drive D to the master drive and just tried to start up since windows was still installed on it, but it wouldnt load. Then, i tried to repair windows but it asked me for my admin password which i never set and have no idea what it could be, so i cant repair the installation.

Anyways any help would be greatly appreaciated.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds