Need help with boot up hard disk failure imminent message

Discussion in 'Software' started by Tamber, May 18, 2004.

1. Tamber

Tamber Private E-2

Hi,

I have a Vaio pentium 4 desktop computer with a 60 gig hard drive, 2.4 ghz processor and 512 RAM. When I boot up, I receive a warning that says "hard drive failure imminent, back up all data" and I have to press F1 to continue the boot up process. After that, the computer runs, a bit slower than it should, but with no further error messages. What could be the problem? Thanks so much!

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Smart drive is detecting that the drive is failing.. plain and simple..replace the drive and make sure you backup your data before hand. If your machine is under warranty, contact your manufacturer for warranty replacement information. If not, then we can help you find a drive if you need.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds