need help with DirectX related to PC Sims game

Discussion in 'Software' started by justagirl82, Feb 13, 2005.

1. justagirl82

justagirl82 Private E-2

Just got Sims 2 and it gives some error about DirectX. But I HAVE DirectX 9 on my computer! It is saying:

Failed to find any DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapters in this system! Please make sure you have DirectX 9.0c compatible graphics adapter and have installed the latest drivers provided by the manufacturer. The application will now terminate.

So I guess there is a difference between DX 9.0 and DX 9.0c ? My computer used to have no probs with DX and then here about a month or so back something got messed up and I could no longer play DVDs on my computer (gave similar error as above).
    So what do I do now? I see DirectX in my control panel so I KNOW it's on the system! I can play an older version of Sims on the computer with no problems, just not this new one.​
    HELP!​

2. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Do you have DX 9.0c?

3. justagirl82

justagirl82 Private E-2

Went to Windows and made sure I had the latest DX version. Downloaded an update - but it's still giving me the same error when I try to load the game.

I have DirectX Version 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Any ideas why it won't run?

4. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

WHat video card do you have?

its quite bluntly saying, your drivers or video card isn't compatible with dx 9.0c.

5. justagirl82

justagirl82 Private E-2

In my DX diagnostic tool I see 2 files that have the following note:

Several files (d3dx9d.dll, d3d9d.dll) are debug versions, which will run slower than the retail version.

I don't know where to see what video card I have :confused: Is this the video card? NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 420 (HP) If that's not one, then let me know where I go to see.

6. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Update your video drivers and if that doesn't help, reinstall dx 9.0c.

7. justagirl82

justagirl82 Private E-2

Well, I over-rided Direct Draw's refresh rate to 60. Then went into my display settings and put my hardware acceleration all the way to full. I started the game and it seems to be loading now. Will check it out and see if it works properly - at least now it's loading!

Thanks!

8. Adrynalyne

Adrynalyne Guest

Hmmm...why was hardware acceleration turned down in the first place?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds