need help with Folder Views on XP

Discussion in 'Software' started by shukl44, Aug 21, 2011.

1. shukl44

shukl44 Private E-2

Hello everyone. I am new here. I have low configuration computer so i disabled the balloon-tips by uncheck Tools>Folder options>View>Show popup descriptions for folder and desktop items.

After disabling 'show balloon tips for folders', a file having big name is showing, it's name only, in a balloon. I don't want that balloon, i dont want names of file when i hover my mouse over them in icon view.

Is there anyway to disable showing file name in icon view through popup balloon.

Note: see the balloon in the attached image.

Attached Files:

2. mjnc

mjnc MajorGeek

Hi shukl44 !!

Judging from your attached image, that's not a balloon tip, it's simply the name associated with the icon.
    AFAIK, there is no setting that will set file icons to be displayed without a label.
    Otherwise it would be just a generic icon with no identification of what it "points" to.

3. MadMal

MadMal Corporal

It looks like the name is just too long to completely appear so it shows you the full name when you hover over it, I doubt you can stop this from happening.

You could shorten the name.
    Or, try adding a space in the name so it splits into 2. In your image you will see that "Santa Fe Stucco" (3 words of 13 letters) is visible but "ModemLog_BlueModem" (1 word of 18 letters) is too long, if you changed it to "ModemLog BlueModem" it might fit
    But if software created the file then that software might not be able to find it after making any changes to the name.

If convenient for you, go to Tools>Folder options>View and tick "Hide extensions for known file types" This will take the .txt and .bmp etc off the end of the name. The name might fit then.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds