Need help with load problem

Discussion in 'Software' started by dold5000, Mar 30, 2012.

1. dold5000

dold5000 Private E-2

Hi i am running an american megatrends with an asus motherboard, when i try loading my computer i am getting a missing or corrupt hal.dll error can anyone help me at all

thank you

2. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

version of windows?

3. dold5000

dold5000 Private E-2

windows xp professional, ive been messing around with it for a bit and i beleive its my kernel files are all missing

4. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Greetings, dold5000...

Windows doesn't work very well when its kernel files are missing - do you have a legal Windows XP disk available?

5. plodr

If you have an XP Pro disk, you can repair
    http://www.dougknox.com/xp/tips/xp_repair_install.htm
    Note carefully the following:
    When you see the following message displayed on the Welcome to Setup screen, press ENTER:

To setup Windows XP now, press ENTER.

At this point an option to press R to enter the Recovery Console is displayed. Do not select this option.

6. dold5000

dold5000 Private E-2

thank you that worked
    sorry about the delay in response back

7. Caliban

Caliban I don't need no steenkin' title!

Glad you got it sorted, dold5000, and thanks for the feedback...

8. plodr

I'm glad you had an XP disk available and the repair option worked.
    Your feedback might well help others searching for help and wondering how to fix a hal error. So thanks for letting us know the outcome.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds