need help with motherboard choice

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by scouse, Feb 28, 2006.

1. scouse

scouse Corporal

My friend is buying a new graphic card pci express, his chip is socket a xp3000+ AMD what is a good mobo that will take the chip but also be pci express for new graphic card.

Is there mobos that can take the socket A 3000+ with pci express/ Any help will be appreciated.

2. ACE 256

ACE 256 MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Overclocking Expe

I dont think thay made socket A with PCIexpres youl prolly half to upgrade to 64bit or get an AGP card insted. The dif from AGP to PCIe is very very small so dont worry about a performance loss...

3. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

There is like one or two that were ever made,I have just searched for 10 mins and cant find even an article of one,I think it was made by biostar or albatron one of the cheaper brands

I doubt anyone will stock them,Tomshardware definitely had an article on one, the search engine is so darn slow though,as ace said it makes sense to ebay the 3000+ and get a 939 :)

4. scouse

scouse Corporal

Thanx for the info guys much appreciated..I had a feeling it was like this, i searched and found nothing..The reason why PCI was thought about is it seems the way to go with the software and hardware of late and whats coming still. i will tell him what you both said thanx again..

MGs came through again..Cheers..

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds