Need Help With My DVD Burner/Player

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Binkyboy, Jul 30, 2012.

1. Binkyboy

Binkyboy Private E-2

My DVD Burner has bit the dust I assume....The other night I burnt some DVD`s and everything went alright.....Next day my brother wants me to burn some things for him and everything went well again I thought....Until my brother tried to play the DVD`s....there was nothing on any of them...My player still works fine, as does my cd player/burner which are the same as the DVD......I have tried many things trying to get it to work with no luck. I thought there may have been a virus stopping it from burning and ran my virus scan well....no luck. I have a Hewlett Packard Pavilion Slimline...that I have had for about 3 years.... I have burned a lot more cd`s than I have DVD`s..making me think the cd player/burner would bite the dust first....but no...Has anyone any ideas on what I could do to try to get the DVD burner to work? Thanks for any and all help..

2. DELL_deepa

DELL_deepa Private E-2

Hi,

My name is Deepa and I work for the Social Media and Community Team at Dell. Please try to use different software for burning the CDs and DVDs as for example Roxio, Nero or Real player etc. Please try to check with multiple numbers of CDs and DVDs. Somehow you would have copied the contents in a manner which would have been incompatible with your DVD player standards As you already mentioned that there can be some dust hence please try to clean it with a soft dry cloth. Please refer to this link:-

http://bit.ly/MRx6yE

For further help please reply.

Thanks and Regards
    Dell_Deepa_R
    Dell Social Media Responder

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds