Need help with Mysql & PHP

Discussion in 'Software' started by Samuz, Jul 26, 2010.

1. Samuz

Samuz Private E-2

So basically I have a database full of players 'items'. Each player has 2 items. and I need to make a circle with these players with only specific items involved. Each circle can only contain 6 players.

The items needed to create this circle are:
    pigs
    spice
    sugar
    cows
    aluminium
    marble
    iron
    lumber
    wheat
    water
    random
    random

so 10 resources are literally needed to create this circle but 12 is needed to make it a 'circle' if you get me.

I'd like to note that it is possible that any of these players can have a combination of any of resources listed above.

I've created a form that allows people to submit players resources into my mysql database. I heard it was possible that I could code some type of filter/sort code to sort out the players resources from my database automatically into a set that will match what is needed (without any repeat of resources) and having a php code to export it into html format for viewing pleasures. I really have no idea how to go about this in mysql or php. But if somebody could help me out i'd be ever so glad.

Also to note: this isn't school work or something. It's from a game I play and i'm just trying to make my job in it easier.

Looking forward to all the great help around here. :)

Thanks

Samuz

PS: Each item/resource can only appear once in each circle.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds