1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need help with P2P Networking and WMP

Discussion in 'Software' started by mawright04, Mar 24, 2006.

1. mawright04

mawright04 Private E-2

I am experiencing slower performance with my Windows Media Player. Also, I just recently removed malware from my computer. I removed Limewire after finding out it spreads spyware. Do you have any suggestions on safe P2P Networking if possible for mainly music?

2. acejones

acejones A Different Title

a safe P2P?? HA!!!

are any of your other programs slow?

3. mawright04

mawright04 Private E-2

No just Windows Media Player. I was thinking E-Mule but I don't know much about it.

4. mawright04

mawright04 Private E-2

Do you have any recommendations on how I could increase the speed of windows media player downloads and searches?

5. soulja

soulja Private E-2

Get Azureus. freeware Program, get it here. It's an awsome
    torrent program.

Now, with limewire I would suggest that you use it. It also is another cool program, but there is spy ware and viruses. How to avoid? By not downloading a music file that's 812kb, thats probably a virus. A music file is should be about 1,000kb, etc. If you want, you can also get a program called spyware blaster here, this will not let any spyware come in, in the first place. It's not a spy ware scanner, or virus scanner, just keeps it from coming in. Spy sweeper is also a really good program keep it.

6. soulja

soulja Private E-2

O, and if you just want to download music get limewire.

LIMEWIRE. BEST THING.

7. acejones

I disagree. Limewire is not the best thing to download music. iTunes is.

8. soulja

soulja Private E-2

Yes, im sorry i meant for illegal downloading of music. Itunes? Honestly I don't know, I don't pay for music. I'm cheap like that. :eek:

9. AbbySue

AbbySue MajorGeeks Administrator

Discussing illegal downloads is not a welcome topic around here unless you are looking to get blasted. We prefer to NOT break the law.

10. acejones

:rolleyes:

11. soulja

soulja Private E-2

Sorry, no more speaking of this matter.

12. mawright04

mawright04 Private E-2

I just wanted to know if there was a way I could have a faster Windows Media Player.