Need Help With Streming Audio

Discussion in 'Software' started by Minxy49, Apr 25, 2008.

1. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

I have a group and a friend of mine is a dj in uk and some of us can get his station but a lot of us can not..what do you suggest I do to get it..i click on play live and it says its connecting then it says ready .. i click it and nothing ...any help would be appreciated. I use The Real Player,,.thanks in advance

2. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

Are you able to listen to other streaming audio sites?
    If you can, what is the url (the address -http://...) of the site that is giving you trouble?

3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

I'm no expert in streaming audio issues, but the few online 'radio stations' I have listened to usually have a choice of using one of 3 or 4 different players: WMP, WinMX, WinAMP, RealPlayer, VLC are popular. I might be wrong, but I think the you must select a format from the station and then use that player on your PC. Find out what the DJ is using to stream his audio and use the same media app.

4. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

Yes I can get other audio but not that and here is the site
    http://www.7waves. co.uk/live- across-the- wirral/.....thanks

5. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

they are using real player and windows media player neither one works i got it one time thru real player and one day real player had a upgrade and it never worked again

6. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

7. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

I tried it ..it did nothing after it said it was connected...and then ready and i clicked on play and nothing.......ughhh

8. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

im sorry thanks for trying to help me i think its something in my player ..

9. joelsz

joelsz First Sergeant

10. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

okay will try it now and get back to you ..thanks

11. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

okay i reinsatalled the real player and still the same thing......

12. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Get the BBC version of RealPlayer and see if it makes a difference.
    Code:
    http://www.bbc.co.uk/webwise/categories/plug/real/newreal.shtml?intro2
    Install instructions:
    1. An amazingly polite "Select program location and desktop settings" dialog asks where you'd like to see RealPlayer icons. Uncheck both of the options; there's no need to have RealPlayer in your Quick launch toolbar and certainly not on the desktop. You'll still see RealPlayer when you click the Start menu and open All Programs.
    2. In the Universal Media Player dialog, choose "Select media types for RealPlayer from a list," then deselect everything on the next page. Now scroll to "RealAudio and RealVideo" and select everything in that category. Click Finish. Now RealPlayer will recognize only its files and leave your other media player settings alone.
    3. A dialog appears offering the Weather Channel toolbar. Close it unless you want more junk in your system tray.
    4. RealPlayer loads and a window appears on screen, as does the annoying Real Message Center, plus a RealPlayer icon in the System tray. In the RealPlayer window, choose Tools, Preferences, and scroll to "Internet / Privacy" in the Connection category. Under Privacy Settings, deselect all selected items. Click "Clear List" in the Scripts Command area. Select the CD category and deselect "Start Playback" and "Prompt to Save CD."
    5. Go to the Automatic Services category and click Configure Message Center. Deselect every checked box and click OK (this will handle the icon in the System tray).
    6. Go to the Automatic Services category and select AutoUpdate, then deselect "Automatically download and install important upgrades." Click OK to close Preferences and close RealPlayer. If you're prompted with an upgrade dialog, take them up on the offer.
    7. Right-click the RealPlayer icon in the System tray and close the Message Center.
    The above instructions are courtesy of Steve Bass from PCWorld.

13. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

Thank you so much i will try it and let you know thanks again

14. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

Hi I did the bbc player and followed all instructions it didnt work....im just so upset right now ..what could it be..thanks anyway..any other ideas

15. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

//213.251.169.28:8010ied ... This Is What Happened When I Searched For It In Real Player

16. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

still need help with real player or any player so i can listen to this radio station in the uk

17. plodr

18. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

Hi I Tried The Winamp Player And It Said Error When I Tried To Listen To The Station Thru The Player.. And I Have Media Player I Just Dont Know How To Make It Work Cause Everytime I Click On Listen Live The Real Player Pops Up And Connects And Then Nothing....thanks

19. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

20. plodr

Sorry, I put that address in my Amarok player and I'm hearing the radio station with no problem in linux.

21. Minxy49

Minxy49 Private E-2

What Is A Amorak Player And Can I Use It In Windows Xp

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds