Need help with uninstalling onboard drivers.

Discussion in 'Software' started by Superfreak, Apr 19, 2004.

1. Superfreak

Superfreak Private E-2

I uninstalled my intel extreme graphics when I got a new video card quite a while ago, but now the drivers have reinstalled themselves automatically and anytime I attempt to uninstall them they just reinstall on my next bootup. Anyone have a solution?

I am running windows xp with an ati radeon 9100.

2. chaslang

chaslang MajorGeeks Admin - Master Malware Expert Staff Member

I would think that you have to run Device Manager and for the on board device you need to set the Device Usage to Do not use this device (disable). Otherwise each time you boot the OS will see the on board device and attempt to use it. See if that helps!

3. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Also, check your BIOS settings and make sure the onboard sound hasn't somehow gotten reset to the "ON" position. Windows shouldn't even see that if it's disabled. If yours is set with a motherboard jumper, make sure the jumper is securely in place. If it was just barely attached, it may have vibrated loose.

4. dperino

dperino Capt. Caveman

I might be out of line here,, but I think G.T. meant disable onboard video in bios. I agree that doing that should take care of the problem.

5. Omegamerc

Omegamerc MajorGeek

yeah the solution to disabling anything onboard would be through the device manager; find the onboard intel graphics and disable; just confirm and reboot.

6. G.T.

G.T. R.I.P February 4, 2007. You will be missed.

Graphics is right. Thanks dp. The dangers of posting late, late at night.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds