need help writing a batch file

Discussion in 'Software' started by red death68, Sep 14, 2009.

1. red death68

red death68 Command Sergeant Major

i am trying to get a playlist for windows media player to open and begin playing for a preditermined amount of time then close out media player and run a secondary batch file here is what i have so far:
    the pause was strictly for checking the path to make sure it worked but the rest i gatherd from youtube and google

any and all help apreciated

2. red death68

nvm i found it through some digging on google for anyone who needs it here is the code i used:

Start wmplayer.exe /play "C:\Documents and Settings\death\My Documents\My Music\My Playlists\all music.wpl"

all in one line of course

but i still havnt figured out how to close it after it plays the play list and start another .bat

Last edited: Sep 15, 2009
  3. GermanOne

GermanOne Guest

Here you can find the command line options. As you can see you can't use /close without /play.

4. red death68

yes but it only stops the open media it doesnt close the window for me im running windows xp pro and media player 11

those instructions were for 6.4

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds