need HP Deskjet F4280 software

Discussion in 'Software' started by pegg, Jun 27, 2011.

1. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

I'm trying to help a friend install a used HP Deskjet F4280 that she's used in her business and had attached to a previous pc - which is not in use now. This pc has previously had a printer installed and working on it - but they want to replace it with this one (which they think is better, etc)

Problem : she can't find the original software.

I came in after everything was connected and she said she was successful in finding the drivers online for the printer installing them. I tried disconnecting the printer and then having the hardware wizard automatically configure it - didn't work. I tried to manually configure it - didn't work.

Don't we need to install software too (not just drivers)? I went to the HP website and every time we tried to install the software after the LONG download it would say the file was corrupt (I sent a message to HP about that).
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/...&sw_lang=&key=null&site=null&ts=true#thankyou

So later I went to several other sites but found they were just mirrors for the HP site and the same thing happened.

Tried to find the software here on my home pc for her and 2 sites started downloading for me but said they would take 5 hours...so something's wrong with them.

So - am I missing something obvious?

2. cabbiinc

cabbiinc Staff Sergeant

HP has online chat. Likely if you use it they'll have you download the software and drivers from a more recent printer. At least that's what they did for my Scanjet G4050 flatbed scanner. After that it worked just fine.

The software is called HP QuickStart by the way.

3. samtal

samtal Corporal

4. iain.t

iain.t MajorGeek

Hi,
    What version of OS is your friend running on their machine?? you may need to change the compatibility of the program.

iain.t :major

5. pegg

pegg MajorGeek

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds