Need HP Pavilion driver help

Discussion in 'Software' started by samson_420, Apr 29, 2010.

1. samson_420

samson_420 Private E-2

I just down graded my HP Pavilion A6418f to old school XP and I am having video problems still.

I had no sound, but I found the drivers on here in another post.

But, my video is still choppy and I am getting a error in my hardware manager for PCI VGA monitor compatibility.

I have also attached a report from Everest.

Thank you for your help. . . .

Attached Files:

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

Try the nForce 430 drivers from HERE as they cover the Chipset and onboard Graphics of the 6150SE card.

In Device Manager what items do you have with yellow ! marks?

3. samson_420

samson_420 Private E-2

I have Nvidia drivers already installed.

Other devices, PCI communications controller and Video Controller both have exclamation points.

The screen just drags around, yet the CPU is not even close to being loaded.

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Hi

The Chipset adds or should add those drivers as its an all in one package, but try the video drivers for the GeForce 6100 HERE as your jerkiness in screen is the video drivers.

One of the perils of downgrading in that drivers may nto be available or easily found without trial and error.

5. samson_420

samson_420 Private E-2

I kind of figured. . . . Sucks. But, thanks for the help.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds