need info on peer to peer networking

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by BanC, Oct 19, 2004.

1. BanC

BanC Private E-2

I am researhing HOW TO SET UP A PEER TO PEER NETWORWORK? I need to know how to do this in Windows 2000. I cant seem to find any thing on the net that really tells how to do this. I need to be able to take to computers and set this up on them. Please help. Thanks BanC

2. evilevets

evilevets Sergeant Major

If theres more then two PC's involved, get a hub and connect them both via cat5 cable. Then right-click on My Computer and select Properties. Click on the Network Identification tab. Click the Properties button. Give each PC a distinct name, and then select WORKGROUP under Member of: Then give the network a name.

Now, right-click on My Network Places and select Properties. Right -click on Local Area Connection and select Properties. Highlight TCP/IP in the list box and click Properties. Check the button next to Use the following IP address amd enter something like this: 192.200.99.10 Then click in the Subnet Mask field and it should default to a Class C subnet: 255.255.255.0

Do this on each PC, but make the last octet of each machines IP address different....10, 11, 12, etc. And no duplicate names either.

Next lesson...Sharing folders. Maybe later though, I've got to finish my lunch.

Steve

3. BanC

BanC Private E-2

Thank you very much for the help BanC

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds