Need Input On Toshiba Hard Drive

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by hsthompson, Jan 22, 2008.

1. hsthompson

hsthompson Private First Class

My Toshiba Satellite A 105-S2071 hard drive went bad on me. Usually once every three months i've got to reboot the computer holding the f12 button down and reset the laptop to out of box state. This time it wouldn't even do that and i got a message about hard drive failure. The hard drive is a mk8032gsx. It has 80gb. I'm looking for a new hard drive to replace it but will the Western Digital ones from Best Buy work? If so which one? I wouldn't mind bumping the g's either. Is it as simple as pulling the old one out and slipping the new one in? I've already pulled the old one out and it was simple. So i assume that sliding the new one in and doing the usual hold down f12 and return it to out of box state will work, right? Any input appreciated. Thanks.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds