Need lexmark Z-700 driver for Win 7

Discussion in 'Software' started by ziggie, Jul 16, 2011.

1. ziggie

ziggie Private E-2

I realize it's an older printer but works great in XP but now with win 7 home premium 64 bit----- No driver !!

It's hard to figure in all the cost's when you up-grade :(

Google search's take me to spyware links and/or driver's that do not work, does anyone know where I can get one?? or am I doomed to buy another new printer?

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

The Lexmark UK site has Win 7 drivers for Z705, Z710, and Z715. One of them should work I would think.

3. tgell

tgell Major Geek Extraordinaire

Hello,
    Using the Vista 64bit drive should work for you. Are you sure it is a Z700 and not a Z705. I believe they use the same drive for the 700 series.

4. ziggie

ziggie Private E-2

When I type in Z700 model, it said = Search by Product or Software Name:
    Please try again. There was no product found for this model:
    Z700 ???

5. ziggie

ziggie Private E-2

It has Z 700 on the printer but i'll try the 705 and see !!

6. Earthling

There doesn't seem to be a 705 download but there are Vista 32 and 64 bit drivers for the 710. Might be a good idea to image your drive before trying this, just in case! try the 64 bit first.

7. ziggie

ziggie Private E-2

Finally found a Vista 64 bit driver d/l that worked for a Z 715 :)

Thanks to all, i'm a happy camper !!!

8. Earthling

So right, but it's what M$ and their mates rely on. But this time they're out of luck ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds