need multimedia audio drivers

Discussion in 'Software' started by hoozah, Jul 4, 2008.

1. hoozah

hoozah Private E-2

hi. i just got a computer from my gf and it doesn't have sound. (this is a sued pc). i tried updating my drivers and it sends me to realtek but it is not windows logo tested.

--------[ EVEREST Home Edition (c) 2003-2005 Lavalys, Inc. ]------------------------------------------------------------

thank you

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2008
  2. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

Install your chipset driver, before installing the audio:
    inf5001012.zip

This is the audio driver ASUS uses on your board:
    AD1980WHQL.zip

Both these are direct downloads off the ASUS web site.

3. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

4. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

http://support.asus.com/download/download.aspx?SLanguage=en-us&model=P4P800-VM&type=map&mapindex=2
    ^ ^ ^ ^ ^ Link to your audio driver at ASUS web site ^ ^ ^ ^ ^

They have different downloads available; there's the complete package which includes the driver, plus it also probably has stuff like sound themes and customizable environment settings and EQs and whatnot, and there's also a download for the driver only. The complete driver package is listed first and is over 24mb; the separate driver is listed further down and is only about 2mb.... the choice is yours.
    The chipset software can be found at the same link but is listed under the "Utilities" section....

I hope this helps! Good luck!

( :eek: Sorry muskie.... I didn't mean to hijack your thread here :innocent )

5. musksnipe

musksnipe Guest

No prob,dlb.
    I was having trouble at ASUS this morning and couldn't pull up or copy the links I wanted.
    Besides, it's all about getting the prob fixed, not who fixed it. :)

6. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah... me too.... a couple of days ago I couldn't get anything to open at the ASUS site. After the main page, any other page would open but would never finish populating with text and graphics, it would just hang there. And the thing is, this seems to happen fairly regularly with the ASUS site, and even when it does work, it's always really, REALLY slow. You'd think a big corporation would be able to have a functional web site, especially when they manufacture computer components!
    Can't you just smell the irony? ;)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds