Need next step for performance monitoring

Discussion in 'Software' started by jerseydevil, Apr 6, 2006.

1. jerseydevil

jerseydevil Private First Class

I have the XP peformance monitor on. Now I want XP to record all of the data collected for one day. How do I do this?

2. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Its actually System Monitor (it monitors performance). I had a few Microsoft test questions where Performance Monitor was a distracter as one of the answers.

To Record, you do it through Performance Logs and Alerts, select Counter or Trace Logs. Right click and select New Log settings, Name it and then you need to add the Object and Counters you wish to record. You probably want to select Counter logs, they reflect hardware usage, Trace Logs are event driven (system events). Keep in mind this is going to eat resources, normally you monitor and record these from a remote computer so your recording don't impact your data.

3. jerseydevil

jerseydevil Private First Class

How do I stop the recording and where is the file?

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds