Need opinion before I finally purchase the computer.

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Lapsed, Nov 3, 2007.

1. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

Is this a worthwhile buy for 750 quid?

[​IMG]

If I get enough backup , this is my finaly choice. Thankyou.

Its mainly a gaming rig.

( the ram will be 800 not 667 )

2. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

Yes seems fine.... I guess you already have KB, Mouse and Monitor?

Your not going to Overclock are you? as the standard CPU cooler will likely not be enought, but for gaming that PC seems fine to me, the 8800s are good.

3. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

hey lapsed, it was brought to my attention yesterday that there are now 8800GT's out which cost less than the 8800GTS yet perform better and draw less power. Might wanna check them out! other than that it looks great!

4. spicer69

spicer69 Private E-2

Prety close to good a setup....Try getting FOUR cards running....with dual QUAD linked motherboards.........:yum

BRO.....a 6800gt still does the same stuff IMO.....don't waste you money.

5. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

HAHAHA riiiiight....

sure, it will RUN the games but will it look very good? short answer: hell no
    long answer: hellllllllllllllllll noooooooooooooooooooo Plus, you wouldnt get DX10

6. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

My main query is , is this computer a bad buy at this point in time?

7. viper_boy403

viper_boy403 MajorGeek

not at all, its a great buy. HOWEVER i THINK that the 89XX series cards are coming out in a month or so which will most likely drop the prices of the current 88XX series cards. I'll google around to see if i can confirm this but all in all, id still say it's a good buy. That thing will keep you going for many years to come with that quad core proc. All you're gonna have to do is add more RAM in the future and maybe upgrade your video card or add another one and you'll be good for a loooong time

8. Lapsed

Lapsed Corporal

thanks Viper Boy. You made my mind up for me =]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds