Need SATA driver

Discussion in 'Software' started by raytamar, May 3, 2011.

1. raytamar

raytamar Private E-2

I tried using nlite. The hp-sata-sp32478.exe had me insert a floppy and wrote the files to
    disk. I copied the files to a folder in my iso directory and created a new iso using nlite with the drivers included. The install failed. When I tried to install with a working IDE disk, hit F6, the computer wanted the floppy to be labeled mfg'rs driver disk or something like that.
    What am I doing wrong?

2. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

First, read the info provided above in post #1 and especially #2. Then read #2 again, slowly. Do NOT copy the driver files the the ISO folder. Launch nLite as usual, then use the "Driver Integration" tool in Nlite and point it to the folder where the extracted drivers are. It has worked for me every time!

More info about the use of nLite can found here. Check the FAQs, Guides, or Forums if you have continued problems.

(do NOT run the hp-sata-sp32478.exe file; you need to extract this EXE file first to a folder using something like 7zip or TUGzip; after installing TUGzip or 7zip, right click the driver EXE file, extract it to a folder, then use the nLite driver integration tool to point to the appropriate folder in the extracted driver folder)

(BTW- the link posted above in #2 "this driver" is no longer a valid link - I guess HP didn't like hotlinking to their driver directly :-o )

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  3. raytamar

raytamar Private E-2

I made a floppy with the Intel Drivers. I hit F6 and picked the appropriate drivers.
    The Windows XP3 Install DVD saw the SATA drive immediately.

I have your instructions for slipstreaming them into my Install DVD but the floppy will work if I have to reinstall any version of Windows onto SATA.

Thanks guys for your excellent support. It is good to have someone to ask when I have these serious problems.

Sincerely,
    Raphael S. Tamar

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds