Need serious help! Ethernet trouble O.o

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by IctDrifter, Nov 30, 2007.

1. IctDrifter

IctDrifter Private E-2

I am currently trying to fix a Toshiba Laptop with one problem. It's ethernet driver, Marvell Yukon, began to disfunction. It wouldn't even read the ethernet cord when plugged in.

I checked the cord, it was fine. I tested the port with a desktop, the desktop went online perfectly fine.

I uninstalled and re-intalled the Marvell Yukon adapter. It read the ethernet cord this time, but it refused to connect to the IP address claiming "little to no connectivity" So I decided to download a new driver. I downloaded Realtek. I intalled the driver via New Hardware wizard only for it to say "Device cannot Start" (Code 10).

I went through the never-solved-anything troubleshooter that didn't solve a thing o_O. It told me to use Windows Update. I did, but this time, the update was not only ineffective, but it also forced the wireless network drive to malfunction as well...

Any helpful advice? T_T

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds