Need some help chosing my Video card?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Goldslaugher, Apr 9, 2008.

1. Goldslaugher

Goldslaugher Private E-2

The link below gives the specs on mb. It will accept an AGP Pro/ AGP4x. Which is better? Or is a PCI card better than the AGP? I couldn't find anything on NVIDIA, I want to get the best card I can that will fit this machine. Also can I link 2 PCI cards together?

FYI: The mb is a ver 1.05. and I'm running XP.

http://www.ocworkbench.com/hardware/asus/a7v/a7vp2.htm

2. Clark_Kent

Clark_Kent MajorGeek

PCI card better than the AGP?

AGP is better and faster.

can I link 2 PCI cards together?

No.

3. Jerkyking

Jerkyking Sergeant Major

Go AGP, I'd look for a Nvidia 6600 or 6800 with 256MB Ram. I don't think going above that would help much with our MOBO specs. EVGA and XFX are two brands that have never given me problems.

4. Goldslaugher

Goldslaugher Private E-2

So AGP is better, which one should I get? AGP Pro/ AGP4x?

5. derekadams19

derekadams19 Private E-2

i've bought the last AGP 8x card made by evga... 7800... that card is sick and was alot better then most pciE at the time... i sold that card to my teacher for 250$.. i paid 350 for it.. very overclockable

6. Goldslaugher

Goldslaugher Private E-2

Thank you for the comments. I bit the bullet and bought a new system.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds