Need some help please. Presario SR5152NX

Discussion in 'Software' started by fiddy619, Mar 10, 2008.

1. fiddy619

fiddy619 Private E-2

I have the same system, and Actually nVidia was exactly where i found the system driver, and network driver, I also had to go to realtek to get the audio driver, but now there is still one issue i'm having, its a "PCI Input Device" driver, i can't find it anywhere, and i cant figure out what it is for. :confusedEverything on the system seems to be working correctly, so i'm kinda confused, but i would like to get rid of that ugly driver error icon in my device manager, and know that all is installed like it should be. So, if you can find out what it is for, i would appreciate it. thanks

2. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

Some things I've learned the hard way about these conversions:

# 1 - MINIMUM Windows XP SP1 or things won't work properly!

# 2 - Windows XP SP2 is the PREFERRED MINIMUM w/all follow on updates!

# 3 - Windows DirectX Version 9.0C or greater, MANDATORY no Exceptions!

# 4 - Install the Main Chipset drivers FIRST, after the above is done!

# 5 - Microsoft Universal Audio Architecture (UAA) Driver, is Next!

# 6 - Install Modem, Sound, LAN, WLAN, SD/MMC Card Reader Drivers, etc!

I've found that if it's done in this order there are fewer problems all around. There are some things that are not going to work as well in Windows XP as they do under Windows Vista. Those are the results of hardware features that can only be accessed via Windows Vista. There is nothing that can be done about that from a drivers stand point. ONLY the manufacturer of the device can change that.

There are several "tools" that can help in this matter, and they are:

PC Wizard 2008

PCI32

AltiPCI

All of these programs will help you find the device drivers you are having problems with. All, can produce a report that can be attached to a message here.

Let me know if you are interested in my help?

Bill

3. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

4. fiddy619

fiddy619 Private E-2

O.K., i have everything working, but i just can't figure out what this PCI Input Device is... Please if anyone can help me get this driver, i would really appreciate it.

Last edited: Mar 11, 2008
  5. brow96

brow96 Private E-2

I beleive that is your 15-in-1 card reader. But i could be wrong on that. Go to this site and download and install PC Wizard 2008:

http://www.cpuid.com/pcwizard.php

After it's installed and running. Go to the top menu bar and select "File", then select "Save as ...". When the dialog box open make sure the the "Hardware" radio button, on the left hand side is selected and that on the right hand side that "Format.txt" is selected. Other wise you'll only generate a summary. We need the FULL Hardware listing. Attach it here to a message. It fairly large (220 KB~) so it may not work as a C&P insert.

HTH

Bill

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds