need some help with this laptop dual partition

Discussion in 'Software' started by earlwhite05, Apr 25, 2009.

1. earlwhite05

earlwhite05 Private First Class

ok guys i have a dell latitude (dino) laptop and i bought it off my dad and he swears that their is more than one operating system on this.....now ive been building and playing around with computers for a lot of years now and i havent found it yet. he said this thing has windows 2000 profesinal and windows xp home. now normaly if a computer has 2 operating systems it gives u a choice at boot.....well not this one it goes straight into xp. i have dune every thing short of slapping in a windows disk and getting to the partition set up just to see is it has a seprate partition. but i dont want to loose any thing on either os if it even has another os b/c he wants the pics of the two towers and the statue of liberty that he took two days befor nine elevin. so can u help me out and tell mke if their is another way to go about all this????? thanks for your time and have a wonderfull day guys.:confused

2. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

You can look at the partition structure in XP Home without risking anything or booting to the CD.

Start > Run, type diskmgmt.msc, OK

If it has more than one Primary partition your dad might be right.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2009
  3. earlwhite05

earlwhite05 Private First Class

thank u very much. that helped me a bunch, their is only one primary partition. thats what i thought. thanku that was a big help earthling.:-D

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds