need some info about this video card buddie is sending me

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Grave68, Aug 31, 2006.

1. Grave68

Grave68 Private E-2

My buddie skunk

is sending me NVIDIA GeForce FX 5900 Ultra PCI Express x16

he has sent me link to a site but that don't help lot

what i like no is it a good card

befor he sents it and befor i put it in

2. thesmokingun

thesmokingun MajorGeek

3. TheDoug

TheDoug MajorGeek

Might also want to make sure your PC has a PCI Express slot beforehand, as well.

4. Grave68

Grave68 Private E-2

i no it has the slot open and look and googled the motherboard i have

and come to found out i have 300W psu

5. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

It depends what you want it for,in gaming terms no,its not a good card anymore,5900 series is also very power hungry,its the result of nvidia tryna save the fx 5 series by pumping lotes of juice through the core's,they draw as much as a 6800gt

your gonna need a bigger power supply of decent quality,in the end I think you'll end up spending more on the power supply and card when you could just get a GF 6 series or even 7 series for the price of a decent power supply which would outperform the 5900

6. Grave68

Grave68 Private E-2

thanks helps me lot

he was sending it tell i have money start builing some my box i have set to do

is Geforce 6600 any good i been looking at it some for a build

7. Rikky

Rikky Wile E. Coyote - One of a kind

yup 6600 is an ok card,it all depends what you play and how much your want to spend,modern FPS games will need to be set low to medium if they are your Bag,do you know what CPU you have:confused:

A 6600 is also quite power hungry,again you will need a decent brand 450w power supply,again depending on your cpu

8. Grave68

Grave68 Private E-2

well the gateway system has Intel dual core cpu's

there no way it can take power of 6600.

well my dad and me use gateway most

but im going start a build AMD gameing system

that use 6600 with 600W psu

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds