Need some opinions

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Jimclure, Jul 18, 2006.

1. Jimclure

Jimclure Private E-2

Hi I just finished running the trendmicro housecall virus scan / Vulnerability. And it all was fine once it finished but it showed me this vulnerability:Vulnerability in Routing and Remote Access Could Allow Remote Code Execution (911280). saying I should download this http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/bulletin/MS06-025.mspx. I wanted to make sure this was a security update so I went and checked windows update and it didnt find the update. When I go to the microsoft website it shows this file in the new download. I downloaded it but I never installed it when I was about to install it it told me "Before you install this update, we recommend that you: -Back up your system - Close all open programs" So I wanted to know should I install this or would it delete most of my files since its telling me to back up my system.

2. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

Well... two things.

First off the message you received is pretty common. It is always a good idea to backup before installing anything.

Second, most people don't and it all goes fine. Your call.

3. Jimclure

Jimclure Private E-2

ok thanks I figured there was no reason to get it because I never had any problems with it so ok I wont download it.

4. Major Attitude

Major Attitude Co-Owner MajorGeeks.Com Staff Member

If your Windows Updates are current, it is very unlikely you need additional downloads.

5. Jimclure

Jimclure Private E-2

ok thanks I was thinking the same thing it should have been updated with automatic update. I also did a manual scan and found no new updates.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds