Need suggestions on Toshiba - A665-3DV1

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ani.vergis, Dec 5, 2010.

1. ani.vergis

ani.vergis Private E-2

Hi

I am planning to buy a A665-3DV1(Toshiba), I heard that core i7 laptops have problem with battery back up and over heats too. Is this true, any suggestions on this?

Thanks
    Anil

Am not sure if i posted this in the right forum, do correct me if am wrong

2. gman863

gman863 MajorGeek

Generally, the amount of heat a notebook generates and retains is based on processor usage and what type of surface it is set on.

If doing extreme activities such as gaming or video editing, the CPU will have a heavy workload. The more it works, the more heat it generates. Given this, it's possible for almost any notebook PC to overheat if pushed to its limit for long periods of time.

No matter what model you end up buying, a decent fan-cooled base/stand for it is always a good investment. It increases cooling with added fan power and by adding airspace under the base of the PC. Avoid placing a notebook PC on a pillow, mattress or other soft surface - doing so can reduce or smother the airflow into the CPU and other components.

As for the specific models of PC and cooling stand, I reccomend checking the reviews on sites such as ZDnet, Amazon and Newegg. ZDnet offers unbiased tests of speed and features; Amazon and Newegg are real-world experience from actual users. Often, user reviews will show a pattern of problems the professional reviews don't catch in a day or two of testing.

Good luck on your new purchase. Hope this info. helps. :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds