Need To Add Subfolders To Existing Folder Structure

Discussion in 'Software' started by Lawrencep93, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Lawrencep93

Lawrencep93 Private E-2

So basically I was wondering if anyone could help me write a script doesn't matter if it's in the CMD or powershell but what I need to do is add two folders with sub folders to existing client folders with in an existing folder structure with working files from over 10,000 clients.

The basic folder structure looks like:
    F:\A\ClientName\
    F:\B\ClientName\
    and so on
    Then a bunch of sub folders as per screenshot (Note in screenshot I wasn't using a networked drive as I am testing on my personal laptop)
    [​IMG]

So what I need to add to the first folder ("ASIC - Company Secretarial") in every client from A-Z is two subfolders with folders with in them eg

Company Register
    Company Register\Asic
    Company Register\Misc

Trust Register
    Trust Register\Asic
    Trust Register\Misc

That is just an example but I will be given the sub folders to be added very soon.

So is there a way to write a script which will go through to every folder and sub folder to add the new folders?
    It would take a very long time to do it manually as they have in excess of 10,000 clients.

The folder structure is set up for their current software management system, from what I can gather it was custom written but works well to set up a new client folder, so new clients isn't an issue.

All I need is to add the folders and sub folders to existing clients in the sub folders.

Does anyone have software or help writing a script to insert all the new folders.

By the way if there is software to do this I will be happy to use it if it is easier

2. Lawrencep93

Lawrencep93 Private E-2

Update: got a working script :)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds