Need To Change User Name on Server

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by RightGirl, Jan 11, 2005.

1. RightGirl

RightGirl Private First Class

Can anyone tell me how to change the name of a user on her PC, when it also affects everyone on server:

[[The current name is Sabrina and needs to be changed to Toni - she switched PCs]]

Name................................................. Comments ..........................Network Location
    ----------............................................... ---------------- .........................------------------------
    Backup on Ed .....................................\\ED\Backup ........................Local Network
    c on Sabrina (Sabrina)......................... \\sabrina\c ............................Local Network
    My Documents on Ed.......................... \\ED\My Documents ..............Local Network
    NetPro on Ed...................................... \\ED\Netpro ...........................Local Network
    Real Estate on Ed................................ \\ED\Real Estate ...................Local Network
    Sabrina Madison on Sabrina (Sabrina).... \\Sabrina\Sabrina Madison ......Local Network
    SharedDocs on Glynis.......................... \\Glynis\SharedDocs ...............Local Network
    SharedDocs on Sabrina (Sabrina).......... \\Sabrina\SharedDocs ..............Local Network
    toni_c on toni....................................... \\Toni\toni_c ............................Local Network

Sabrina quit and Toni moved to Sabrina's desk and PC (newer PC than hers)
    Is there a simple solution to changing the name of the PC from Sabrina to Toni?
    And also the Network?
    Simple enough to hash out the instructions in this venue?

Thank you
    :confused:

2. Kodo

Kodo SNATCHSQUATCH

Copy Toni in the user manager and give it sabrina's name.

3. RightGirl

RightGirl Private First Class

I'm sorry Kodo.

I'm an idiot I guess.
    I dont understand what that means.

Copy Toni?

4. Phatsta

Phatsta Corporal

yes

user manager > mark Toni and do ctrl + c then ctrl + v (think that'll work) then you should have two Toni's. just rename the second one to [whatever u want]

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds