Need to download a video clip help

Discussion in 'Software' started by ziggysawdust, Mar 29, 2008.

1. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

Hope this is the proper forum. I need to download a video clip from a local news station on the web.(A clip of 1st birthdays...my grandson). How can I do this? Any help would be appreciated ....sure would love to save that clip. Running XP:confused

2. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

depending on what type of file it is. if you use ie (internet explorer), you might be able to view the video, then go into your cache, and pull the video out of your cache. now, from there we might be able to convert it to something you can use (like an .mpg, .avi, etc). g/l, sos

tools --> internet options --> settings --> view files

although, your version of ie, might be slightly different.

3. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

4. DavidGP

DavidGP MajorGeeks Forum Administrator - Grand Pooh-Bah Staff Member

5. sosaman

sosaman Sergeant Major

i just dug through my cache, and got it out. basically, i copied the file, then went to media-convert (link below), uploaded the file, and it converted it to a .wmv file. if you play around with the settings you might be able to get the file size smaller (and/or change it to another video type). g/l, sos

http://www.media-convert.com/

http://media-convert.com/convert/?xid=17-komozibs <-- converted (17 meg)

6. ziggysawdust

ziggysawdust Private E-2

THANK YOU sosaman and Halo!!!!!!! Thank you very much!!!! I can do that now!!!!!!
    ziggysawdust:D:):drool:dancer:clap

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds