Need to find a certain web site.....

Discussion in 'Software' started by dlb, Jun 12, 2008.

1. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

If I remember correctly, I had a thread going here at Major Geeks and we were talking about services (I think). And someone posted a link and I downloaded a .reg file that installed a list of the default XP services that get loaded at startup. Now, the file says XP Pro in the file name, but I'm pretty sure it will work on Home too, but I don't want to take the chance and risk royally messing up a PC. Here's the name of the file:
    Safe_XP_SP2_Pro_Start_v202.reg
    I've Googled it, I've searched here at MG, I've looked thru many of my threads from the past 2-3 months, and I can't seem to find it anywhere. I can't remember if I started the thread, or if I was just active in someone else's thread..... if any of this rings a bell with anyone, please post the web site where I downloaded that file from! That .reg file has made my life alot easier on a couple of PCs, and I really appreciate it, but I'd like to find the site that hosted it.....

THANKS!

2. Recycle Bin

Recycle Bin Private First Class

did you try searching in your Statistics

Last edited: Jun 12, 2008
  3. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

Yeah, but I can't remember if I started the thread, or if someone else did.... and I can't remember when it took place.... I think it was about 2-3 weeks ago, but my memory sucks so bad, it might have been like 5 days or 5 weeks :eek:

4. sach2

sach2 Major Geek Extraordinaire

It may have been off of blackviper's site. I couldn't find the links for SP2 in the archive but it looks like they are working on SP3 v3.00 (scroll down).

BV Registry

It looks like they have a specific version for each home and pro.

5. Cordialis

Cordialis MajorGeek

6. Bugballou

Bugballou MajorGeek

7. dlb

dlb MajorGeek

WOW! Thanks for all the help folks! I'll look at those links and see if they're what I'm looking for.... if nothing else, I'm sure I'll find something that'll be helpful ;)

Thanks again guys (and gals?)

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds