Need to get several IP numbers! Help!

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by mikey1120, Dec 21, 2005.

1. mikey1120

mikey1120 Private E-2

I have been fighting this for days and I'm about to give up. Here's the scenario. I have a Speedstream DSL modem through SBC and I am feeding this through a Netgear wireless router, then to a linksys switch, then finally my workstation. I am trying to acquire the IP addresses for all three devices, however I have no idea how to go about it. Is there some sort of network utility that can scan this for me? I really do not want to have to reset any of the devices. The guy who set this up for me is no longer in contact, and he only left the usernames and passwords, just no IP numbers. Please Help! Thanks in advance!

2. goldfish

goldfish Lt. Sushi.DC

The Wireless router should have a DHCP server within it, so anything you connect should get an IP automatically.

Once they're connected, you can use ipconfig /all (win2k/xp) to see what the IP of that particular machine is.

The switch probably won't have an IP dedicated to it. Unless it's managed (hardly likely in a home situation).

The netgear interface (probably http://192.168.0.1) should have a section in it with a list of DHCP clients and their associated IPs.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds