need to hide my IP address

Discussion in 'Software' started by adamant, May 5, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. adamant

adamant Private E-2

i need to hide my ip address. i post on a public media/ news forum and looking for software that hides it..
    thanks
    ant

2. satrow

satrow Major Geek Extraordinaire

Try posting from public libraries, coffee shops, airports, whatever - or use snail mail?

There is no software that hides your online fingerprint, just software that claims to be able to hide it. Someone wants to track you and they have the access to enough data on you from your previous messages and comments, they'll track you.

3. Earthling

Earthling Interplanetary Geek

More convenient than going to the library would be to use a proxy server. You will find loads of them, though you may possibly have to pay. Wouldn't know about that as never needed to use one.

4. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Some forums will block you if you use a proxy. Normally the forums I go to, only show your IP to the admins/mods of that forum. Your IP should not be available for everyone to see. If it is, find another media/news forum that doesn't broadcast your IP to the general public.

5. oneeyejack

oneeyejack Guest

6. theefool

theefool Geekified

The best way, is to use a letter, stamp, and envelope. I find that this is the best way to hide your IP. ;)

7. plodr

plodr Major Geek Super Extraordinaire

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds