Need to know one thing please

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by ellis902, Feb 10, 2008.

1. ellis902

ellis902 Private First Class

Hello again everyone.

I have sorted the problem out, just need to find out what network card I have so I can download the drivers. Problem is I have forgot what network card it is, is there anyway to get the name of the network card even if it's not installed?

Thanks ELLIS.

2. cat5e

cat5e MajorGeek

Open the case and take a look.

Most NICs do not really have a name but usually the chipset manufacturer name is visible and you can get OEM drivers from the manufacturer's support site.

Otherwise you are a Lucy Man. A new NIC can be found for $5 or less.

3. rawdawg86

rawdawg86 Private E-2

If you have it physically installed but windows does not see it you can try running BelArc that will pull every piece of hardware in your system into a report along with manufacturer in certian cases

4. ellis902

Hehe well I do not know much about NIC , someone said it could be on the motherboard , if so would BelArc programme still recognise it?

5. rawdawg86

rawdawg86 Private E-2

I cannot recall if will recognize it if it is on board or not you can always just run BelArc and at least get the Mobo manufacturer then go to their site and find your board there they should have the drivers for it.

6. ellis902

thanks for the advice , i'll try it in a few hours and get back to you. thanks again

MajorGeeks.Com Menu

Downloads All In One Tweaks \ Android \ Anti-Malware \ Anti-Virus \ Appearance \ Backup \ Browsers \ CD\DVD\Blu-Ray \ Covert Ops \ Drive Utilities \ Drivers \ Graphics \ Internet Tools \ Multimedia \ Networking \ Office Tools \ PC Games \ System Tools \ Mac/Apple/Ipad Downloads

Other News: Top Downloads \ News (Tech) \ Off Base (Other Websites News) \ Way Off Base (Offbeat Stories and Pics)

Social: Facebook \ YouTube \ Twitter \ Tumblr \ Pintrest \ RSS Feeds